- 1 kg mutton / chicken / chops
- 1 and a half cup brown lentils / masoor
- 1 tsp saffron / saffron essence - soaked in 2 tbsp boiling water
- 6 baby potatoes
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1 cup oil / ghee / margarine
- Quarter cup ghee / margarine
- 3 cups rice
- 6 onions *
- 3 cinnamon sticks *
- 4 green chilies*
- 1 cup tomatoes - grated *
- 4 tbsp Gorima's biryani paste* / 6 tbsp Gorima's magi masala / Gorima's kashmiri masala
- 3 tbsp lemon juice *
- 4 cloves*
- 2 tsp ground garlic & ginger
- Half cup maas or plain yoghurt *
Add ingredients to shopping list
If you don’t have Buy Me a Pie! app installed you’ll see the list with ingredients right after downloading it
- Fry potatoes in oil until golden brown. Remove potatoes once fried.
- Fry onions in same oil.
- Wash & drain chicken / meat in bowl. Add all * ingredients to chicken / meat with garlic & ginger.
- Boil lentils in salted water until soft & then drain. Boil rice in salted water till half cooked.
- Pour remaining oil & ghee / margarine in flat bottomed pot. Spread the chicken / meat in the pot. Add lentils, potatoes, egg, rice & saffron. Close pot with lid.
- Place on medium heat for 10mins. lower the temperature and cook for another hour. Serve with papdum or yoghurt salad.